Friday, January 13, 2012

Status Update

Well it's time to get back to the project. I pretty much just bought everything I needed to finish the project. I decided to bite the bullet and go with a 120gig SSD (Solid State Drive) Hard Drive. This will drastically reduce the heat produced because it contains no moving parts. It cost almost as much as the motherboard and processor together @ $135 so I hope it was worth it. I also purchased new some new LEDs for the power light, because I ended up breaking one of the ends off of the original by accident. Another thing I finally purchased was a fan grill to protect the fan and polish the look of the project. I bought a heat gun, and some shrink tube to protect the soldered wires as well.

As far as the new site is going...well lets just say right now it's at a stand still for now. Eventually I'll get to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment