Wednesday, September 7, 2011

NSB Connection

So I'm seriously thinking about converting my USB ports into NSB ports. What the heck is an NSB port you ask? Well it's essentially a USB connection where the female connection of the USB is the NES female port. Therefore all external USB connections will be required to have a male NES cord. I dont think its ever been done before. At least not that I know of. I can't really think of any reason why it wouldn't work, because all I'm doing is making the connection.

This also means that I'm going to have to get 2 more retro kits, and make each controller have its own chip. Which also means no NES controller hot swapping :( On a more brighter note though, I'll be able to add N64 and a special NES light gun converion to the mix...I may end up getting stuck using an adapter for the N64 since if you want a controller with a USB attached its like $70 and only one guy makes them,but I'll have to see what I can do.

Oh and as a side note, the only real heat issues I'm having with the build is the hard drive,but its not enough to cause too much concern. I may move it out of the cartridge or I could try a couple of small fans,but we will see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment