Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WiiNes


So I've been talking about different projects I'd like to do, and not sticking to projects I say I'm gonna start. Originally the Spintendo was dead as of last post...Well using a PC in inside the Nintendo shell is still dead...However, with that being said I'm going to take some advice from someone on the Hyperspin forums and use a Wii. I already tore down the Wii yesterday so there's really no going back. I stole this photo from engadget...so in a nutshell this is what it looks like so far.

Lets talk about goals. The software end is pretty easy. I'll use priiloader to load directly into the the emulator, which in turn, will bypass the Wii OS. The Video connector will go on the side where the AV ports go. Power and Sensor connector will go to the back, and 2 Gamecube controller hooks up in the front.
Now comes the hard part...Wireless NES controllers. So some how I need to figure out how to shove a wii mini remote inside, wire it up so it works, add a rechargeable battery, a charging port, and power switch in the very tiny amount of space I have. I don't know if it will be possible, but I know I'm going to try. Only the bare minimum will be on the controller. So anything I don't need that I can take off will be taken off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment