Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Update

It's been a few weeks since I last posted. I wanted to post a lot more but sometimes life comes at you fast. It's kinda hard to get anything done with a 6 month old crawling around. Some things that's I've accomplished so far.





I ended up installing windows 7 on it because I couldn't get windows xp to install via usb. Since it has SATA and not IDE I couldn't just simply use a cd drive to install the OS...well I could of but I didn't want to spend money on something I'll probably only use once. It boots up pretty fast, and Hyperspin runs flawlessly. Well almost anyways. There's like a 3 sec delay when it first boots up, but to be honest with you it's not that big of a deal. I was playing some classic NES with the controllers and they worked out great.

I also took an old NES cart that was broken and stripped the sticker off. Now let me tell you something...removing that glue was a pain in the butt. Basically I soaked it for like 3 days and peeled the label off. They label came off pretty easily but the glue remained. After soaking for a few more days I managed to get it off. That sure was some sticky glue. That's it for now. The system is no where near done. Why rush a good thing.

Some things I need to do are...
  • Mount Everything(such as power plug,wifi,and hdmi)
  • Mount the hard drive in the cartridge
  • Buy a fan grill
  • Work on a custom design
  • Sand,sand,and more sanding
  • Decide on paint

0 comments:

Post a Comment