Thursday, March 13, 2014

Zombies Ate My Arcade

 

Well I had originally given this cab away 2 times. First to a fellow hyperspinner, but then my little bro asked for it but He never picked it up so I ended up taking it with me when I moved. The cab itself is in great shape. I had planned on restoring it. In the process of restoring the cab I found out the the color red was bad on the tube. Then after that something went wrong with the gameboard. So after all that I decided to convert it. How could you do something like that they cry? Well I can do it because it's mine. It's been in the family for 30 years and probably will be for many more after that.

So growing up I was a huge fan of Zombies Ate My Neighbors. I decided to theme the arcade after that game. There is a guy over at devine art who drew a crap load of Zombie video game characters. They are freaking awesome! All props go to him. I have his name written down somewhere but can't remember it at the moment.

To achieve a good print I needed some vectorized art. His charcter files are large,but not large enough to use without losing the quality. Below is a screenshot of his original and my redraw. His has more detail and shadowing, but mine isn't too shabby either.

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment